Social Problems and Social Movements
unlimited loans, One at a time
Intended as the primary text for a social problems course, DeFronzo and Gill’s Social Problems and Social Movements stresses the need for collective action and social movements to solve social problems. Both instructors and students will find this a useful framework in which to view today’s most pressing social issues.
- Chapter 1 introduces the topic of social problems.
- Chapter 2 explains how social movements address social problems and describes sociological explanations for the development of social movements.
- Chapter 3 describes the power frameworks that participants in social movements must deal with in order to achieve success.
- Each following chapter presents overviews of social problems and provides examples of how working together can bring about positive change.
- Social Movements and Special Topics boxes provide information on aspects of specific social problems as well as how people organize and work together to solve them.