Get your training off to a great start—from basic footwork and throws to training and demonstrations—this book is a perfect introduction to aikido for beginners. It's everything you need to get started in aikido!
Are you ready to learn aikido, but don't know where to begin? Are you intimidated by the unfamiliar terms or the powerful aikido techniques? With Aikido Basics
you'll become an expert in this Japanese martial art in no time!
Whether you are considering taking up this martial art, or you've already started, this Aikido book offers an easy, yet comprehensive introduction to everything you need to know to feel confident and be successful.
You'll learn about:
- The origins of aikido—philosophy, history and different styles
- What really happens in an aikido class—invaluable tips on choosing the right school, getting ready for your first class, and basic training methods
- The essential elements—stances, strikes, grabs, throws, and pins
- How to complement your aikido training—ki exercises, multiple-person training, and freestyle exercises
- Effective ways to succeed in aikido—create a training program, test for belt promotion, and participate in competitions and tournaments
- Resources—help further develop your aikido training