• Please note that the ePub edition of The Math Handbook for tablets and mobile devices may not appear as well organized since the material doesn't always appear together on a single page as in the print edition. Therefore, we recommend the print editions for the students.
The Math Handbook has been developed for students with Dyscalculia and others who are struggling with mathematics. The book is based upon the Singapore Primary Mathematics curriculum, as well as the International Math curriculum. More than twenty topics are covered and explained step by step through visual representation to convey mathematical concepts. It has been specially developed for:
- Students who have been diagnosed with Dyscalculia; other terms may include Mathematics Learning Disability, or Mathematics Disorder
- Students who have been diagnosed with Dyslexia; as according to research more than fifty percent of those experience difficulties with mathematics. Some students may have Dyslexia and Dyscalculia as co-existing disorders
- Students diagnosed with ADHD; as they may struggle with mathematics. Some students may have ADHD and Dyscalculia as co-existing disorders.
- Students who have difficulties in learning Mathematics
- Slow learners
- Teens/Adults who have severe Math Difficulties or Dyscalculia
Students will gain more confidence in mathematics, become more independent and produce better results. This book will provide them with an opportunity to experience success and maintain a positive attitude towards math. It is suitable to be used in combination with Educational Therapy or remedial intervention in Math that students with dyscalculia or Math difficulties need. An assessment conducted by a psychologist is essential and early interventions are most effective.