Moon Banff National Park
Find Your Adventure with Moon Travel Guides!
Banff sparkles as the crown jewel of Canada's national parks. Explore the best of it with Moon Banff National Park.
Moon Banff National Park features:
With Moon Banff National Park's expert advice, myriad activities, and local know-how, you can plan your trip your way.
- Strategies for getting to Banff National Park by car or plane
- In-depth chapters on each region of the park and its surroundings, including the town of Banff, Lake Louise and vicinity, Icefields Parkway, and other nearby parks
- Full-color, vibrant photos and detailed maps throughout
- Expert tips for hiking, biking, skiing, and more, plus essential packing and health and safety information
- Detailed hike descriptions with mileage, elevation gains, difficulty ratings, and trailhead directions
- The best places to spot wildlife like black bears, elk, and bighorn sheep
- The top activities and unique ideas for exploring the park: Ride over the snow in a horse-drawn sleigh or through the sky in a mountain gondola. Follow the vast network of hiking trails along glacial valleys to alpine lakes and to spectacular secluded vistas. Soak in a natural hot spring, treat yourself at a luxurious mountain resort, or discover the park's history at one of Banff's excellent museums. Grab a cup of coffee at a local shop, or experience the town's classic après-ski nightlife
- Valuable insight from seasoned explorer and Banff local Andrew Hempstead
- Honest advice on when to go and where to stay inside and outside the park, including mountain lodges and campgrounds
- Up-to-date information on park fees, passes, and reservations
- Recommendations for families, international visitors, travelers with disabilities, and traveling with pets
- Thorough background on the wildlife, terrain, culture, and history
Exploring more of Canada's national parks? Try Moon Canadian Rockies
. Hitting the road? Try Moon Vancouver & Canadian Rockies Road Trip