HBR Guide to Getting the Mentoring You Need (HBR Guide Series)
Unlimited loans, One at a time
One at a time
License max duration
Find the right person to help supercharge your career.
Whether you’re eyeing a specific leadership role, hoping to advance your skills, or simply looking to broaden your professional network, you need to find someone who can help. Wait for a senior manager to come looking for you—and you’ll probably be waiting forever.
Instead, you need to find the mentoring that will help you achieve your goals. Managed correctly, mentoring is a powerful and efficient tool for moving up.
The HBR Guide to Getting the Mentoring You Need will help you get it right. You’ll learn how to:
- Find new ways to stand out in your organization
- Set clear and realistic development goals
- Identify and build relationships with influential sponsors
- Give back and bring value to mentors and senior advisers
- Evaluate your progress in reaching your professional goals