With the advent of the Information Society, access to resources is vital to the ordinary citizen, the academic, and the career professional, as well as in public administration and private enterprise. Information Pathways: A Problem-Solving Approach to Information Literacy is designed to serve as a textbook for courses that address the need of college students to develop a basic knowledge of the complex matrix of core resources for the retrieval, management, and exploitation of information. This book shows students how to:
• Build effective search strategies for solving information problems
• Evaluate and use information and information sources
• Apply information skills to the writing process
• Be at ease with numeric information
• Integrate information skills for smooth problem solving
• Maintain their new fluency with information
Organized into chapters that examine different ways in which information is structured, Information Pathways will help students develop and evaluate strategies for finding and adopting information.