In this special Southern Lives issue:
* Billy Carter dresses for all occasions.
* Virginia Foster Durr opens her home to recently released inmates.
* Michael McFee tours the Billy Graham Library.
* Septima Poinsette Clark celebrates fellow Civil Rights pioneers.
* Albert Murray goes on the record about Ralph Ellison's style.
* Margaret Walker Alexander reveals her takes on Langston Hughes, Toni Morrison, and Alice Walker.
... and much more.
Southern Cultures is published quarterly (spring, summer, fall, winter) by the University of North Carolina Press. The journal is sponsored by the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill's Center for the Study of the American South.