Basic Spoken Chinese: An Introduction to Speaking and Listening for Beginners (Downloadable Media and MP3 Audio Included)
unlimited loans, One at a time
One at a time
License max duration
This is a beginning-level course in spoken Chinese that employs a revolutionary new method designed to have you quickly speaking and comprehending Mandarin Chinese.
Along with its sister book Basic Written Chinese
and their accompanying workbooks, Basic Spoken Chinese
offers a complete introductory course to the Chinese language. As a native English speaker, working hard to learn Chinese is not enough; you have to work smart in order to learn this very different language efficiently. Downloadable audio reinforces listening comprehension and correct pronunciation. No matter why you've chosen to learn Chinese-for business, travel, cultural studies or another goal-the Basic Chinese
approach of two separate but integrated tracts in spoken and written Chinese will help you learn this language most efficiently and successfully.
The downloadable material includes:
- Detailed explanations in English of Chinese pronunciation, grammar, usage, culture, society, and recommended learning approaches.
- Teacher's Guide is available electronically.
- A written Character Transcript (Simplified and Traditional) is available electronically.
- 40 videos with dozens of native speakers filmed on location in mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan, Singapore, and Malaysia.
- 6 hours of native-speaker audio, including all of the book's conversations.
- Build up sections, new words,