Tuttle Learner's Chinese-English Dictionary: Revised Second Edition
unlimited loans, One at a time
This Mandarin Chinese Dictionary is for elementary to intermediate learners of Chinese.Tuttle Learner's Chinese-English Dictionary
is a totally new dictionary designed specifically for elementary to intermediate learners of Chinese, and contains all 3,051 vocabulary items prescribed for Levels A and B of the internationally recognized test of Mandarin language proficiency, Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi
This self-contained dictionary has over 3,000 headwordsthose required for HSK Levels A and B, plus important proper nouns and common idioms. Extensive notes on culture, grammar and meaning are included to enhance understanding and ensure correct usage. Students attempting to learn Chinese will find this dictionary to be an essential guide to the Chinese language as well as a reliable reference tool.This Chinese dictionary contains:
- The 4,800 most frequently used Chinese vocabulary items.
- All entries contain Romanized Chinese forms (hanyu pinyin), simplified Chinese characters (hanzi) as well as traditional Chinese characters if they exist.
- Terms are searchable by ChineseEnglish or EnglishChinese.
- All Chinese entries are arranged alphabetically by Romanized Mandarin Chinese forms (hanyu pinyin).
- Chinese word components are listed and analyzed to facilitate understanding.
- Over 4,700 sample sentences to demonstrate how each word is used.
- Detailed notes on culture, grammar and usage.
- Chinese translations for common English names and places in China.